Volunteering with Aquarius
Aquarius is a leading agency in the Midlands, helping people with alcohol, drugs and gambling problems.
There are many ways in which volunteers support the services we deliver and we aim to fit the person’s experience, knowledge and skills to the different types of volunteer roles we have.
These roles range from:
- Administrative: helping with reception and general admin duties
- Event/Activities: supporting the delivery of activity groups, like art, gardening, walking, music and helping out at community events aimed at informing the public of the impacts of alcohol, drugs and gambling.
- Community Champions: people from local communities providing alcohol information and supporting people to get help from services
- Service: in a wide variety of ways helping engage clients in the service and providing support to clients and families
Aquarius values the time and commitment volunteers give to us, and in return we provide:
- Induction into the role
- Relevant training for the role
- An opportunity to develop knowledge and skills
- Experience in the substance misuse and gambling field
- Support from staff
- Being part of the team
- Reimburse agreed expenses
We welcome applications from people who are motivated and are looking for rewarding volunteer opportunities.
If you want to spend some free time constructively helping us then we would really like to hear from you.
For more information or to request an application pack to be sent to you please email firstname.lastname@example.org