It can be confusing when it comes to knowing what is legal and what is not in terms of buying, selling and consuming alcohol. Here is the Aquarius guide to Alcohol and the Law.
- To sell alcohol to someone under the age of 18
- For an adult to buy alcohol on behalf of someone under the age of 18
- For someone under 18 to buy, attempt to buy or to be sold alcohol
- For someone under 18 to drink alcohol in licensed premises, except where the child is 16 or 17 and accompanied by an adult, and has the drink bought for them by an adult and is consuming the drink with a meal
- For someone over 18 to buy a 16-17 year old a drink of beer, wine or cider in a licensed premises if they are drinking it with a meal
- For a child aged 5 to 16 to drink alcohol at home or on other private premises